Tuesday, December 30

DIY Button Necklace


                                     

Anyone who knows me knows that I inherited a massive button collection from my grandmother. I am always looking for crafts and projects to do with buttons. I have done button headbands, button wreaths, and glued buttons unto the wooden letters from the craft store for friends. I have to say that this button necklace was one of my favorites though. It's very stylish, practical, and super easy to make.

Supplies:
Buttons (Color and size are up to you!)
Felt (a color that will blend in with your buttons is probably preferable but I just used what I had on hand)
Fabric Scissors
Hot glue gun
18 inch necklace chain

1. First, spread your felt out on a flat surface.


2. Pick out your buttons. I chose a black and gold color scheme. You are going to want a lot of different sizes of buttons because the smaller can fill in the holes in between the bigger ones.


3. Lay the buttons out on the felt how you want them to be arranged. It's okay if there are gaps when you are laying them out. Next glue the buttons onto the felt with the hot glue. Start with the bigger ones and then fill in the gaps with the smaller ones.


4. After you have glued all the buttons down, cut out the felt around them.


5. I bought this 18 inch chain at Michael's Craft store. It was perfect for this necklace because it was both black and gold.  


6. Take some wire cutters and cut the chain in half on the opposite side as the clasp.


7. Using the hot glue again, dab some glue on the upper corners on the felt. Place the cut ends of the necklace in the glue and let dry.


Finished! Hope you enjoyed this DIY and have a Happy New Year!






1 comment:

  1. What a creative and beautiful way to celebrate your Grandmother #FamilyTreasures

    ReplyDelete