Tuesday, December 9

Jumpsuits


1970's Fashion. 1970s fashion, which began with a continuation of the mini skirts, bell-bottoms and the androgynous hippie look from the late 1960s, was soon sharply characterized by several distinct fashion trends that have left an indelible image of the decade commemorated in popular culture.



Model wearing an emerald green jumpsuit, 1972.
This year, the cheerleaders decided to sponsor a WPA (Women Pay All) at my school. I really didn't want to make another dress since we have three formal dances already and since this is my senior year I decided to do something different: a jumpsuit. When I told my family and friends I was making a jumpsuit, they thought I was crazy. They told me that jumpsuits where a thing of the past.

Jumpsuits were really stylish in the 1970s, but like all fashion styles, they have finally made there way back around. Celebrities have been wearing new stylish jumpsuits.
Look of the Day - December 2, 2014 - Emma Watson in Misha Nonoo from #InStyle
Easy Breezy from Nina Dobrev's Best Looks  Effortless beauty? That's easy for Nina, who stuns in this red Max Mara one-shoulder jumpsuit.
Look of the Day - October 27, 2014 - Jessica Alba in a black Emilio Pucci jumpsuit from #InStyle
My jumpsuit look was inspired by this picture. A cute jumpsuit with peplum, skinny capri length legs, and a sweetheart neckline.

My Inspiration:


My Design:


My Creation:


Once my friends and family saw it completed, they didn't think I was so crazy after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment