Friday, December 19

DIY Lace Infintiy Scarf

                                   

                                   

I saw one of these lace infinity scarves at the store and thought, that shouldn't be too hard to make. It was really fast and easy. I also found a fabric remnant store close to me and found the perfect amount of fabric for this easy project. I gave it to my friend as a Christmas present and she loved it! Happy DIYing!

Supplies:
1/2 yard knit fabric
1/4 yard lace
Sewing pins
Thread
Sewing Machine
Cutting board or hard surface to cut on

1. Lay out the knit fabric. Cut it into two strips on the fold that are about 9 inches width and the length of the fabric long.




2. Lay the lace out on top of one of the strips. I laid mine so it went a little over halfway across the width of the fabric. Stitch the lace to the knit fabric with a zig-zag stitch.


3. Pin one side of the knit with the lace to the plain knit. Sew.


4. Fold the strip of fabric in half and sew.


5. Take the two remaining ends and stuff the plain knit into the lace/knit  end about one inch and sew.


And you're done! Now you've made something to keep you warm and cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment