Tuesday, January 6

DIY Bejeweled Winter Hat


                                       




                              

     Winter is officially here! This week, we had one of our first snows and lots of ice.  I decided this was a perfect time for a warm and fashionable DIY. I see these hats all the time in the store and really wanted one. It is much cheaper to make your own than to buy one. This is an easy DIY that takes only about 10 minutes (if you don't include the time spent trying to pick out the perfect jewel.)

Supplies:
Stocking hat
Jewels (I bought mine from a craft store)
Thread
Needle

1. Start with a stocking hat and some jewels. I found the stocking hat at Target for $5. The jewels, I bought at Michael's craft store. I wanted some that were big enough that they could be seen but not too flashy. 

            
                           

2. Take the hat with you to the store when you buy the jewels so that you can ensure that they match and its what you want.



3. Place the jewels on the hat in the way you want. If you have multiple jewels like I did, you want to place them closer together then you actually want them because the hat will stretch. Another note if you have multiple jewels, start with the middle one and match it with the middle seam on the hat. Next sew on the others.

                          

Happy DIYing!




1 comment: