Tuesday, January 13

Collars, Collars, Collars

If you have a open neckline and want something a little different, these collar necklines are the perfect thing for you. My favorite way to wear them is with a strapless dress. They are great for filling in a neckline and can add flare to any outfit.

              


My Inspiration:
                    If your dress doesn't have a collar, put one on. | 23 Ways To Glam Up Your Little Black Dress


I found this really cute sheer Forever XXI shirt at the thrift store but it had a rip in it. It had a really cool collar though so I kept it until I found this perfect project. This one was my test dummy and I used it to make my first collar necklace. 



I simply cut off the collar right next to to the seam so the edge will already be finished for us. 





That's all for this one! Super easy.





For this one I decided to go I little bit more girly. Start the same way as the first one by cutting the collar off of a shirt. My mom gave me a bunch of collared shirts from her work when the company changed names so I had a lot of color choices to work with. I chose a white and I had pearl beads. Using a hot glue gun, I created little triangles on the tips of the collar.







This one was another really fun one. I channeled my inner rocker and bought some stud beads from my local craft store. Using the hot glue gun again, I glued the studs in a checkered pattern.




Last but not least, this simple one. I took the collar off of a black textured shirt (you can't see the texture in this picture). I found this really cool button with a marbled inside to stitch in the middle and accent the collar. Another approach instead of a button would be a brooch or another large circular piece of jewelry.





No comments:

Post a Comment