Thursday, January 15

Jean Jacket with Hoodie DIY



                              


                                       


                                      

I have wanted to buy one of these every time I see it in the store, but every time my inner mom comes out and I think, You already own tons of hoodies. Finally, I thought, I can just make one. I had a jean jacket in the back of my closet that I had gotten as a hand-me-down, but never worn and a thrift store grey hoodie and I was ready.

Supplies:
Hoodie or zip-up jacket
Jean jacket
Scissors
Sewing machine
Sewing pins

Start off with a hoodie or zip-up jacket and a jean jacket. Here's what mine looked like before.




Cut the sleeves off of the jean jacket. Cut right along the seam but do not cut on the seam because then you will have to deal with an unfinished edge.

Next, stuff the hoodie or jacket you are using inside the jean jacket.

Pin it along the bottom. Make sure to try it on first. On mine, the grey jacket hung out a little under the jean jacket so I measured how low it hung then pinned it.

Also, pin the hood to the collar. Sew these two sections and then try the jacket on before pinning around the sleeves and sewing. When sewing this together, it was very thick and I had to use my industrial sewing machine to sew it. I used a golden yellow thread to match the stitching already on the jean jacket and just sewed directly on top of the existing stitching.


I hope you enjoyed this DIY and have a wonderful weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment