Friday, January 9

DIY Boot Cuffs

                              



I'm back to doing DIYs with sweaters. Today it's boot cuffs! These are really simple and an awesome way to accessorize your boots this winter.

                                    
    
These boot cuffs were super easy. You can simply buy a thrift store sweater and cut off the sleeves. That's it! All done!


For this set of boot cuffs, I started with another sweater. This is the remainder of the sweater I used to make my sweater skirt. For these boot cuffs, you are also going to need, eyelet lace trim and buttons.




1. Cut the sleeves off of the sweater at a straight angle.




2. Determine how long you want the boot cuffs to by. This is totally up to you; they can be long and cover your whole leg under the boot or they can just be a couple inches into your boot. After sliding the sleeve on my leg, I decided that I wanted the cuff to be shorter, so I cut off some of the sleeve.








3. In order to determine how much lace you are going to need, measure around your calf where you are going to wear the cuff. Around my calf was about 17 inches. I cut the lace to about 18 inches so it would overlap a little bit. 



4. To pin the lace, you are going to need to either stretch the sweater as you pin the lace or pin the lace onto the sweater while it is on your calf. Unless the lace you bought was elastic, it will not stretch with the sweater. This is why you must stretch the sweater as you pin the lace. after pinning, sew the lace to the sweater.




5. Next, I took some white buttons and placed them on the boot cuff. Sew.






That's all! Hope you enjoyed this super simple and quick DIY.





No comments:

Post a Comment