Thursday, November 20

DIY Woven Sweatshirt

                                  

After having 30 and below weather this week, I was ready for a warm and comfy DIY. This woven sweatshirt was the perfect thing for cuddling up with hot chocolate and a good book.  I was inspired by this picture I saw on Pinterest ( I wish I could go to the beach!)  



Supplies: 
2 sweatshirts (I did mine the same color, but it's totally up to you)
Scissors
Ruler
Sewing pins
Sewing machine

1. First you're going to start out with two sweatshirts. These are just two plain grey sweatshirts that I got from the thrift store. The color of grey is almost identical but it doesn't totally match.


2. Chose which sweatshirt you want to be the one you are going to wear and which one is going to be cut into strips for the back. I based this decision on which sweatshirt was the most comfortable.
Once you've chosen which sweatshirt you want to be the front and sleeves, cut the back out of it. To do this cut along the shoulder seams, armhole seams and side seams.


3. Next, take the other sweatshirt and cut it into strips. I found it easiest to do by cutting the sleeves off and cutting the shoulder sea,s so the sweatshirt would lay out flat.


4. I cut strips that were eight inches wide and the lengths of the sweatshirt. I used six strips to cover the entire back of the sweatshirt.


5. Fold the strips in half with right sides together and pin. Sew.


6. Flip the strips back, so the right side is out. Pin three strips along the top of both the left and right sides. Weave the strips so that they reach the other side and pin them. Sew.


7. Lastly, cut off the neck of the sweatshirt. I just cut the neckline straight across.

Now you're done! Hope you enjoyed this cozy DIY. Hope you stay comfy and warm!














No comments:

Post a Comment