Tuesday, November 18

DIY Sweater with Ribbon Back


This sweater DIY was one of my favorites. I first tried this DIY I saw on Pinterest, but I didn't really like the way it turned out so I changed it. I love this DIY because you can create any design with the ribbon and make yours original. I chose to do three ribbons across as opposed to the bow.

Inspiration:

Supplies: 
Sweater (I found another thrift store sweater)
Ribbon
Scissors
Sewing pins
Sewing machine

This is the sweater I found at the thrift store. It has a high scoop necks and normal back so it was perfect for cutting. I found matching ribbon at Joanns. I bought the whole spool because the ribbon I liked was not cut by the yard ribbon, but you definitely don't need the whole spool if your doing something small like mine.




1. Fold the sweater so when you cut the back, both sides will be even. Cut out a scoop shape. It helps to try the sweater on first and see where you want it cut on you.

                                 
                             

2. I put the sweater on my mannequin so I could place the ribbon. I pinned three strands across the loop I cut and pinned them 1 inch apart.

                                   

That's all. This was a super easy and I can't wait to wear mine!



No comments:

Post a Comment