Tuesday, November 25

T-shirt with Lace Insert

                                 
     

I saw this DIY on Pinterest with a plaid button down shirt and thought it would look really cute on a normal T-shirt (apparently, my dog did to because he wanted to be in the picture). It would also be the perfect shirt for Thanksgiving, comfy and cute. I plan to pair it with jeans for Thanksgiving, but it could also be dressed up with a skirt. So I hope you enjoy this DIY and have a wonderful Thanksgiving. 

Supplies
T-shirt
Scissors
1/4 yd lace
Sewing pins
Sewing machine

1. First, you're going to need a shirt. I found this one at the thrift store and thought it was perfect. It already had a seam across the top of the chest so I didn't have so measure and cut a straight line myself. 


2. Now cut out the top, across the shoulder seams and around the neckline.


3. This is the lace I used. It is stretchy so it will stretch the same amount as the T-shirt.


4. Place the lace over the opening and cut a general outline. It does not have to be  a perfect cut.


5. Now pin the lace to the T-shirt with the lace overlapping the tshirt around the edges. Sew the lace to the T-shirt with a zig-zag stitch.


6. Lastly, once the lace has been sewn to the T-shirt, you can cut any lace that overlaps past the stitching. 





No comments:

Post a Comment