Thursday, April 30

DIY Flower Crown Tutorial

                                        

Since the weather has been so nice and spring is finally in the air, I decided to do the perfect spring DIY: a flower crown. I made this one specifically for my senior pictures but it was super easy and I already want to make another one.

Supplies:
Wrapped floral wire
Electrical tape
Pliers
Fake flowers (I used 3 different types of flowers)
Hot glue

1. First, take 3 pieces of the wrapped floral wire (measuring about one and a half times around your head). Braid these 3 pieces of floral wire together.


It should look like this when its finished. Use the electrical tape to tape the ends together. Use the pliers to weave the ends of the wire together.



2. Now take the fake flowers and cut them off the stems. Leave a little bit of the stem on the flower.


3. Place hot glue on the little bit of stem you left on the flower and place the stem into the weave of braided wire. Start on one side of the crown and work your way around. I started doing a pattern with 2 of the flowers I had. I went back and forth between the light pink and dark pink flowers and after I was done with those, I filled in the gaps with the little pink flowers I had.



Hope you enjoyed this DIY and happy spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment