Friday, September 4

I'm Back & I'm Blogging!

Hello lovelies! I'm finally back (not that I really went anywhere haha). Back to blogging is what I mean to say. And I'm so excited!!! Summer was wonderful, but I got super busy and decided to take a break from blogging and pick it back up in the fall when I got settled into school, which is now! Just to catch everyone up a bit on what I've been doing for the past few months while I haven't been blogging, I graduated from high school (yay!) and I was co-valedictorian of my class (I tied with one of my friends). During the summer, I spent a lot of time working, painting, going to the beach, and hanging out with my friends before we all left for college. And now I'm finally here! In college! I am majoring in fashion design (who would have guessed it) at Iowa State University. 

Now, just because I wasn't blogging this summer does not mean I wasn't sewing and DIYing. In fact, I spent most of my summer making things for my dorm room and my friend Maggie's dorm room. In the next couple of weeks, I'm going to show you some of the awesome DIYs I did that can make your dorm room feel a little more like home and add some pizzaz and sparkle of your own. 

One last thing before I leave you, lovelies: this summer I cut off 11 inches of my hair and donated it to Pantene Beautiful Lengths to be made into wigs for those affected by cancer.  I got my hair cut into a fauxhawk, a really edgy style with both sides shaved and longer hair in the middle. Half the time, I wear it down and to one side, but other times you'll see me sporting a bun hairstyle that looks similar to the popular "man bun" or as I like to call it "woman bun".

Let me know how you think it looks!
 
Before:


After:


P.S. Stay tuned next week for some really awesome dorm room DIYs!!!


1 comment:

  1. Looking good & sounding good! Looking forward to seeing what all you've done...that I don't already know about!!

    ReplyDelete