Tuesday, March 3

Peplum Shirt from Big T-Shirt Tutorial

                             

This has been one of my favorite DIYs so far. When I first came to my high school, I didn't have any spirit wear so I went to the spirit shop and found shirts on sale for $5. The shirts wear all size large and extra-large though, but I bought hem anyway. For the past four years of my time in high school, the shirts have been crumpled on the floor of my closet until I finally found something to do with them. I saw a tutorial for a peplum shirt from a large plaid shirt and decided to copy it for a large t-shirt.

Supplies:
Large t-shirt
Scissors
Measuring tape
Cutting board or flat surface to cut on
Sewing machine
Sewing pins

This is the shirt I started with: 

1. The first thing I did was put the shirt on and measure from the neckline to where I want the peplum to be.

Then place the shirt down and mark a line where you are going to cu the shirt for the peplum.

2. Cut off the sleeves and at the line for the peplum.

3. Take the bottom part and stitch it with a long stitch so you can gather it. 

4. Pin the gathered part to the top of the shirt right sides together.

5. Now the shirt is together but cutting the sleeves off may have left you with these awkward bulges. To fix this I simply put a small dart in at the bulge.

Dart:

6. Lastly, I cut a lower neckline. This is totally a personal choice because the peplum shirt could be left with the normal t-shirt neckline.

Hope you enjoyed this DIY as much as I did. It's a simple and stylish way to spice up old t-shirts and find a way to re-wear them.

No comments:

Post a Comment