Thursday, October 30

Catwoman: DIY Cat Ears

"I am Catwoman. Hear me roar."



Catwoman is the final part of our evil trio. For the outfit we used a leather jacket, lace up boots, a black tank top, and black leggings. 

                                      
                                                     

To make the ears I used a few simple supplies.
Supplies:
Pinking shears 
Sewing pins
Hard skinny headband
Black fabric
Paper diamond (to use as a pattern)
Sewing machine 



1. Pin the diamond to the black fabric.(I just printed a diamond picture off of google for my diamond)



2. Cut out around the diamond. I used my pinking shears to create a different look, but you can use regular scissors.



3. Fold the diamonds in half to create a triangle. After folding the diamonds into triangles, I thought the edges were too sharp so I cut the triangles with a more curved edge.

                      
    
4. Sew a slit at the bottom of the ears, big enough for the headband to slide through, but not to big that the ears will slide off. Sew around the outside edge of the ears, but don't sew through the slit. (The dotted lines are where my stitches are)



5. Slide the ears on the headband and you're done!



Here's a finished pic of the ears! Happy Halloween everyone! 👻🎃🍭

                       
                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment