Thursday, October 9

A Polka Dot Homecoming

                            
                                              

     This homecoming, I decided to do something a little different. I had seen Kylie Jenner wear this dress in Seventeen magazine a while ago, but I always loved it for its originality. I used it for inspiration for my homecoming dress. First, I loved the idea that the dress was a two piece dress because after homecoming, I can wear the top and skirt as two separate pieces. It gives me something to do with y homecoming dress so it's not just hanging in my closet. The second thing I love about this dress is the combination of lace and polka dots. It was genius!
                         
     For my dress, since it was for homecoming I decided to change the long mermaid skirt into a circle skirt. I choose the circle skirt because of the fact that the circle skirt flares out by itself without having to make a petticoat. I also liked feeling a little bit like Ariana Grande in my short flared skirt and heels. Originally my design had a lace halter top with an underlying sweetheart-neckline bodice. After thinking about it further, though, I thought I live in Missouri and homecoming is in October, it could possibly be really cold. So, I changed my design to a scoop neck lace crop top with lace three-quarter length sleeves.  I based the crop top off this picture, but I omitted the band at the bottom because there was already a band at the top of my skirt.
                                     
                       

     To finish off the look, I decided to add a pop of color with red heels, red nails, and red lips. Ironically, our homecoming theme was The Wizard of Oz so I fit right in! I also added a white necklace to fill the big neckline of the crop top and pull the look together.
     Check out my blog next week when I'm going to post tutorials on how to make both the lace crop top and the circle skirt. Bye for now!


No comments:

Post a Comment